Thank you for assisting us in making your visits to Movement Systems Physical Therapy a positive experience. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact one of our Front Desk Coordinators, we are happy to help.
What to Expect
Plan to spend up to 75 minutes at your first visit.
Your evaluation will take 60 minutes and any miscellaneous time spent with administrative issues can take up to 15 minutes (i.e., completion of forms, scheduling, payment, etc.).
Plan to arrive 15 minutes early to your first appointment to ensure accurate completion of registration forms.
All subsequent visits will last for 60 minutes.
Please be sure to bring the following items with you to your first appointment:
- All completed forms.
- Comfortable clothing as noted below:
- For low back pain or lower extremity problems, please bring shorts and a t-shirt.
- For females with back, neck, and/or upper extremity problems, please bring shorts and a halter-top, bathing suit top, or one-piece backless bathing suit. Note that a sport back jog bra obscures viewing of the shoulder blades and is not recommended.
- Your current insurance card and a photo ID
- A method of payment (i.e., checkbook, credit card, etc.).
Standard Insurance Policy:
- Coverage depends upon your insurance company and the specific plan you have chosen.
- You may need a current prescription, referral, or authorization for physical therapy services based on your insurance plan.
- Co-pays are due at the time of service.
- Benefit details are not a guarantee of payment.
- Movement Systems will file your Medicare upon verification of eligibility and benefits in accordance with CMS guidelines.
- Please also inform us and present any supplemental or secondary insurance coverage.
- You MUST be discharged from any home health care services or agency prior to initiating outpatient physical therapy. Medicare will not pay for both home health and outpatient care simultaneously.
Auto PIP / Third Party:
- We do not accept third-party or accident settlement liens. If you do not have a direct PIP Claim you can choose to submit your personal health insurance or pay at the time of service at the Self-Pay rate described below.
- For patients without insurance coverage, or for those patients that have exceeded insurance benefits, a 25% discount is available for full payment at the time of service.
Paying Your Bill:
- You will receive a monthly statement in the mail for any non-covered or unpaid balances on your account.
- All unpaid balances that exceed 120 days will be assigned to a third party collection agency.
- Payment plans due to financial hardship will be considered upon special request.
- A fee of $25 will be charged for any check returned by the bank for Non Sufficient Funds.
Patients are seen, at Movement Systems Physical Therapy, by appointment only. Scheduling is based on a first come, first served basis. It is advisable for you to schedule your appointments in four to six week intervals.
In the event you need to cancel an appointment, we require at least 24 business hours notice (Monday appointments MUST be canceled no later than 3pm of the prior Friday.). Your appointment time is very important to us. If we do not get at least 24 business hours notice of your cancellation, or you do not arrive for your scheduled appointment (no show) you will be assessed a $100 fee.
We realize that emergencies do occur – late cancellation due to illness or family emergency is excluded from this policy.
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES AT MOVEMENT SYSTEMS PHYSICAL THERAPY, P.S.
Effective January 2005; Final Omnibus Ruling January 17, 2013
This notice describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information. Please review it carefully.