Carrie Hall, PT, MHS
My Philosophy of Care
Movement is key to lasting health. Physical therapists are the most qualified provider to manage your movement system - a collection of systems that contribute to the act of moving from the sub-cellular to the total body level. I use a diagnostic process to determine the biologic, biomechanical, and psycho-social contributions to your painful condition. With you at the center of care, and through a dynamic and iterative process, I discover what is meaningful to you, determine what influences are blocking you from doing what is meaningful, and help you achieve your goals with compassion, empathy, education, coaching, advice, and movement-related interventions. Your time with me is a "DIY project" with me as the tutor. It is my hope that I can help you develop an appreciation that movement and exercise is safe, fun, and important for lasting health. I will teach you to "not get into your own way" when it comes to achieving your movement related goals and dreams. I hope you will permit me to be your steward to a healthy lifestyle that incorporates movement, exercise, and fitness.
Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy / Saint Louis University
Master of Health Science / Washington University in Saint Louis
My Clinical Interests
- Diagnosis and treatment of Movement Impairment Syndromes
- Biopsychosocial approach to treatment of painful conditions
- Maitland approach to manual therapy
- Promotion of prevention, health, fitness, and wellness for all individuals through various combinations of movement-related interventions.
- Promotion of Bone Health through high intensity loading activities
Carrie Hall is an exceptionally gifted physical therapist and business owner. Her treatment approach is holistic, as she addresses the patterns and overall mechanics of your body, rather than treating an isolated problem area or condition. She listens and guides without judgement and instills confidence to keep you moving forward. Carrie's style is practical, realistic and no nonsense. She has a wealth of knowledge based on her professional and personal experiences. The sessions are interesting and I always learn something new. With the onset of the global pandemic, she quickly adopted best practices for the safety of her associates and clients and continues to make changes as she learns new information. I cannot say enough good things about my experience at Movement Systems Physical Therapy and feel fortunate that I've had the opportunity to work with Carrie Hall.
- Author: Therapeutic Exercise: Moving Toward Function, 4e 2018
- Contributing Author: Physical Therapy Approaches to the Lower Quarter
- Defining Moment: Vulnerability and Courage: An article written by MSPT Physical Therapist & President Carrie Hall. It appeared in the June issue of PT in Motion magazine. Think of this piece as both a portrait of a moment in time and a commentary on the timeless value that physical therapists and physical therapist assistants offer to society. It is about why my outpatient physical therapy practice remains open in the midst of a pandemic, and how I’ve been making that work. Read full article at PT in Motion magazine.
- Outpatient Physical Therapy During the COVID-19 Pandemic: A Clinician Discussion
- Christina Tidwell Live Well Podcast "How to manage chronic pain through movement with Carrie Hall"
- Why Physical Therapy is About More Than Getting Better
- High Intensity Resistance Training for Osteoporosis – Are We Playing it Too Safe?
- Best Exercise for Knee Osteoarthritis
Director on the Leadership Board of the Arthritis Foundation for the Northwest Region
Payment Committee APTA Washington
Western Washington At-Large Panel Director APTA Washington
Nominating Committee Private Practice Section American Physical Therapy Association
Following profound orthopedic trauma six and a half years ago, I worked with many Physical Therapists before finding and sticking with Carrie Hall and her team. Movement Systems is, in a class by themselves. While I never wanted to give up on getting my leg back, I had serious doubts about the degree to which it’s possible. But there is a reason why Carrie’s PT book is now in its FOURTH edition for its popularity in classrooms where PT is taught. She has unparalleled genius for this stuff and shares it generously among everyone on her team. They collaborate with one another and make recovery miracles possible when their clients practice what these therapists teach. I’ll never go anywhere else again!
My Personal Story
When I am not seeing patients, I am busy with various writing projects, managing my Company and teaching. I read everything Brene Brown has written and consume numerous podcasts on a plethora of topics from mindfulness, to cooking, to history. I enjoy cooking and watching cooking shows (yes, I am that ONE), hiking, biking, SUP, tennis, and weightlifting (so I can eat all that I cook) I have three grown daughters, a dog, a cat, many friends, and a committed partner that fill me with love.
After a car accident over a decade ago, I’ve been to many physical therapists over the years with little results. I heard of Carrie Hall as a powerhouse in the field after she taught a seminar to my therapist’s entire clinic. As soon as I moved to Seattle, I contacted MSPT and never looked back. The results and improvement I’ve made in my time at the clinic exceeds all of the progress I ever made in my years with other providers. Each member at Movement Systems is kind and professional. There is a wide variety of specialties offered so I could grow with different therapists as my needs evolved without the need to look for a different clinic when my progress plateaued. Appointments with Carrie are unparalleled, though. She offers empathic and encouraging support, bringing a highly-skilled big picture strategy to complex cases while expertly leading the clinic. I recommend Movement Systems to everyone I know. It also helps that the clinic is in a prime location and provides stunning views of Lake Union that are therapeutic all on their own.