Jessica Hutchinson, PT, DPT, OCS
Jessica Hutchinson is a Doctor of Physical Therapy and Board-Certified Clinical Specialist in Orthopedic Physical Therapy who strongly believes in a ‘patient first’ mentality for long term success. She has special interests in overhead athletes, pre- and post-operative surgeries, and repetitive injuries.
ADVICE FOR FUTURE PATIENTS: Find a Doctor of Physical Therapy that you can build a long-term relationship with and trust with your health and wellness for now and into the future.
HOW DO YOU STAY ACTIVE: Walking the dog around town, running, and the Nike Training Club app. In the summertime I love hiking, camping, and paddle boarding.
FAVORITE RECOVERY FOOD: Peanut butter shake
CREATIVE OUTLET: Sketching and baking
CAN’T LIVE WITHOUT: Peanut butter and dogs
FIRST JOB: Working at a mom and pop ice cream / coffee shop in high school
FAVORITE SPORTS TEAM: Philadelphia Eagles
ALTERNATE UNIVERSE CAREER: Wine sommelier
PHYSICAL THERAPY PHILOSOPHY: Engagement is key to success in physical therapy. My job is to give you the tools and education to succeed not only in injury rehab, but in wellness management as well.
SPECIALTIES, CERTIFICATIONS, SPECIAL INTERESTS:
- Board Certified Clinical Specialist in Orthopaedic Physical Therapy
- Blood Flow Restriction Level I Certified Provider
- Member of the Academy of Orthopedic Physical Therapy
TREATMENT APPROACHES YOU KNOW BEST:
- Manual therapy
- Function-based rehabilitation/ therapeutic exercise with special interest in return to sport
- Pre- and post-operative guidelines
HOMETOWN: Corona, CA
FAVORITE PLACE IN THE WORLD: Zion National Park
- California State University, Bakersfield: BS in Physical Education and Kinesiology with minor in Psychology.
- Mount Saint Mary’s University, Los Angeles: Doctor of Physical Therapy
WHAT HAVE YOU LEARNED: Nobody is perfect in this world, mistakes are what make us human.